Do you think that social responsibility is better taught:

martes, 2 de febrero de 2010

Facets of Learning & Social Responsibility

I was just reviewing the essential questions, in particular: Question starters based on the 6 facets of understanding (Fig. 5.3 in Understanding by Design) and I think that for my course, regardless of what level my students are at, the self-knowledge facet will be critical. Here I will be introducing questions such as:
  • what are the limits of my knowledge about ...
  • how are my views about ....shaped by...
  • what are my strengths and weaknesses
Since I am aiming to get students to go beyond retaining information to acting on what they have learned, I think these questions will be important in helping students realize how they need to change in order to act more socially responsible.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them concrete, concise and on topic.